DIGIBCUBE partner, INFOPOLE, is organizing an online workshop to introduce a presentation about GDPR, Data Protection and Cybersecurity. It aims to support SMEs in the ICT and Life Sciences domains to prepare their projects for the data protection regulations and protect with extra care their patients’ data. The workshop will consist of two sessions: the first one will include presentations and guidelines of GDRP, Cyber Security and best practices; the second one will be a personalised session with experts in specific topics that SMEs will express their interest in.
Admission to the workshop is free. Register here: https://bit.ly/3CcUBMs
DIGI-B-CUBE – a EU funded Horizon 2020 project where Small and Medium Sized Enterprises (SMEs) in the areas of Health & ICT can receive funding, innovation & technical support, and become part of a large pan-European network of forward-thinking companies and researchers within the health sector.
Sitting in home office? Take your lunch break during the workshop and get informed about:
- The opportunities the DIGI-B-CUBE project, Innovation Norway & Research Council of can offer for the Health & ICT sector
- Opportunities for international cooperation in the relevant sectors
- Specific examples for potential collaboration projects
- Bring new perspectives to research projects and, together with the health approach, provide comprehensive and very competitive solutions in the market.
Current Funding opportunities
DIGI-B-CUBE – Calls for Proposals
SMEs from EU member states and H2020 associated countries are eligible for the funding.
See the open call details here: https://digibcube.eu/open-calls/
How does the digital match making work?
What is a matchmaking event?
A matchmaking event is essentially a meeting place for businesses. Here companies get the opportunity to meet with other companies for rather brief, rarely more than 20 minutes, 1-to-1 meetings to discuss potential projects and assess if their goals are compatible. It is often compared to speed-dating, but for companies.
In a short amount of time you get to explore whether the two of you have overlapping project interests and might benefit from talking further about potential cooperation. The great thing about a matchmaking is that each meeting is long enough to explore the important topics, but short enough that you have not invested a lot of your time if you realise that you are not compatible.
Why should I attend a matchmaking?
Innovating is a challenging endeavour – it takes time, resources and dedication. But innovation is also the way to solve the challenges of tomorrow, and to stay competitive. Facilitating partnerships for a more competitive and innovative Europe is the main goal for our matchmaking events. In these events, we seek to facilitate a meeting place where European companies with innovative ideas can meet and discuss how they can cooperate across borders to create successful projects.
Do you have an idea or a plan that will innovate a product, service or technology? And will it, as a result, boost your own competitiveness? Will it, in addition, help solve societal and environmental challenges? Then the EEA and Norway Grants matchmakings is an event you cannot miss – here you can meet potential partner companies from various European countries, all seeking to innovate and solving the challenges of today and tomorrow.
How is a digital matchmaking different?
A digital matchmaking, also known as a virtual matchmaking, works the same way as a physical matchmaking. The purpose is for the attending companies to identify and meet potential cooperation partners. The only difference is that instead of having to travel to the location, you can do it from the comfort of your own home or office.
This indicates both challenges and opportunities. When an event is not physical, you don’t get to mingle and establish connections face to face. But there are instead new opportunities:
- The barrier of entry is almost completely removed. We know that it can be hard to take a day out of your busy schedule to attend an event, no matter how interesting it might be. Hence, we plan our digital matchmakings to be effective and concise. We rarely want it to last for more than an hour.
- Because the event is more concise, more will be left up to you. The quality of the event will increase the more time you spend creating a good profile, assessing the other participants and evaluating what you would like to get out of a meeting.
Are you convinced?
Digital matchmakings are, above all, flexible – they are designed to be as user-friendly as possible. Hence, you can trust that the event will be designed with the participant in mind. Have a look at the event agenda on the top of the page.
How do I fill out the profile?
The profile is the principal way that you present yourself to the other participants. We therefore want you to cover a few key topics:
Register via the green “Register now” button
2) Create your profile
When you fill out your profile, there will be specific mandatory boxes you need to fill out. These are:
- What is your project plan / idea for innovation?
This ensures that you and your meeting partner have similar ideas for a project.
- What do you need for your potential partner to provide? Competence, research, technology, etc.?
This ensures that you are talking to a potential partner which can actually provide you with what you need.
- What will you provide to a potential partner?
This ensure that other companies know what you can provide them with.
By covering these points you will increase the chance of generating more and better meeting requests.
3) Browse profiles of attendees
Find other participants by entering ‘Participants’ and identify the companies which ideas or plans meet your needs.
4) Send & receive meeting requests
- When you’ve identified the company you would like to meet 1-on-1, send them a meeting request.
- Incoming meeting requests have to be accepted to be scheduled – so make sure to reply when you get one.
- Adding a meaningful remark why you are interested in a meeting will increase the chance that your request will be accepted.
- TIP: Download the “b2match” mobile app (iOS/Android) to
* get access to your meeting schedule on your mobile phone
B2B Meetings – A short youtube intro